It is often difficult to know ahead of time exactly how much an appointment will cost, but the following is a breakdown of the most common services and current pricing.
Payment forms accepted: Cash, check, or credit card (Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover)
Prices are subject to change. These prices are valid as of January 1st, 2019. Please confirm pricing when scheduling your appointment. Note that additional fees may apply for travel in some areas.
- Standard piano tuning – $120
- Annual or bi-annual appointment; for pianos that are regularly maintained
- Standard piano tuning w/ pitch adjustment – $160
- Two-pass tuning, often necessary for pianos that have not been regularly maintained.
- Service call – $80
- Minimum charge for house call to diagnose, repair, evaluate, etc. Additional labor and parts charges may apply. Not applicable to tuning appointments.
- Hourly labor – $80
- Soundboard cleaning (grand) – $40~*
- Single string replacement – $40~*
- Bass string replacement – $70~*
- Broken hammer repair – $40~*
*These prices are provided only as estimates for frequently requested services. Final cost will depend on the number of repairs, piano make and model, and other factors. When scheduling your annual tuning appointment, you should bring up any work or repairs you are interested in having done.
- Piano moving – (contact for price)
- Important factors are size of piano, distance of move, and number of steps at each location
- Dampp-Chaser Piano LifeSaver System – (contact for price)
- Upright 5-part system or Grand 6-part system.
- Dampp-Chaser annual maintenance – $20
- Pads & lining replacement, cleaning